Nursery Class Teacher
Are you looking for a Nursery or Reception Place for September 2024? Join us for our open day on
- Friday 8th December at 10:00am or 2:00pm. Contact us for more details
Links for parents
We use an online learning journal to share photos/videos and observations of your child in the early years. Parents should all have received an activation letter from your class teacher. Please activate your account if you have not done so already. As well as staff posting observations, parents can post photos/videos/comments of your child to show their experiences, progress and achievements. We love to encourage sharing between school and home!
How parents can help us
- Each child must be brought to and collected from the nursery by an adult. For the child’s safety, we must be informed if someone different is collecting them. A password is distributed at the start of the year and any new adult collecting from Nursery, must provide this password at the time of collection. The day starts at 08.45 and finishes at 11.45 (mornings) or 15.15 (full-time)
- Please inform us of any change of address or telephone number so that we can always contact you if necessary, during the school day. If your child goes to a childminder, please ensure we have their name, address and telephone number. Please also let us have an emergency contact number.
- Best clothes are not suitable for Nursery. We do provide aprons, but we do have some messy activities and accidents happen easily.
- In the case your child gets wet or has a toilet accident, would you please provide a change of clothes to stay on their peg. A draw string/PE bag is preferred.
- Children must wear suitable clothes for all weathers. Nursery children enjoy outdoor play, so a waterproof coat with a hood and wellies, must be in school at all times.
- If your child is likely to be absent from Nursery, please phone the school office or speak to a member of the Nursery staff.
- If your child is asthmatic, or has any other medical conditions, it is important that we are informed.
- If you have any concerns regarding your child, please discuss these with us. Any conversations will be confidential.
See all our latest activities in our Nursery class Twitter feed below. Follow us @MissJonesEPS